This position will contribute to the analytical development activities supporting all Beam platforms (non-viral and viral). The candidate should have a good understanding of leading biophysical and analytical tools to support gene therapy programs. The ideal candidate will have experience in protein, lipid, VLP and nucleic acid analytics; experience in at least two will be required. This position will report to the Head of Analytical Development at Beam and work closely with other functions on assay development and routine testing.
- Developing and running new analytical and biophysical assays.
- Running routine assays as part of in-process analytics.
- Analytical support for accelerated degradation and stability studies.
- Routine instruments maintenance.
- Writing method protocols, study reports and SOPs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- MS or BSc in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or related subjects.
- 2-5 years of experience in a Pharmaceutical organization or a CRO/CMO.
- Understanding of analytical requirements to support delivery modalities (AAV, LNP), nucleic acid chemistry, lipid chemistry, QbD.
- Proficiency with Design of Experiment (DoE) and complex data analysis.
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines related to stability and specifications.
- Hands on experience, including method development, with HPLC, UPLC, CE, DLS. Some experience with LC-MS is a plus.
- Open to learning new techniques as required.
- Independent thinker and team player.