Beam Therapeutics is seeking an attorney to join Beam’s growing legal team. The attorney will help support legal and contracting needs for Beam’s platform and therapeutic programs. He or she will provide legal support to the research and business teams as needed and will give legal advice to employees about relevant issues.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements including license agreements, material transfer agreements, sponsored research agreements, supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and joint development agreements.
- Provide legal advice and support for alliances and partnerships.
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications.
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in relevant legal frameworks.
- JD with admission to at least one state bar.
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience negotiating contracts.
- Proven experience as legal counsel in a business environment, biotech a plus.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgement and ability to quickly analyze different sources of information.
- Capable of recognizing, assessing, and responding to urgent matters with timely, practical, and clear solutions.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple matters simultaneously and independently.
- Practical and business-minded with an ability to present a business partner with real-world, pragmatic advice.
- Exceptional and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.