Reporting to the CEO, provide guidance for the strategy and tactics for Beam’s IT infrastructure and applications to effectively support the overall company growth strategies, lead the strategy development and become a partner with functional leads for IT support of needs as the company transitions through clinical development i.e. timing and assessment for system and application investments to support clinical, legal, regulatory, quality, finance, manufacturing and other functions.
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and recommend technical IT solutions.
- Support the implementation of function-driven needs like LIMs, ELN, data management and visualization, as well as additional systems necessary as the company progresses through clinical development.
- Develop/enhance IT operational standards, best practices, SOX, and other relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines for increased systems reliability and application efficiency.
- Design, implement and supervise managed-services provider(s) / help desk organization model.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology associated with cyber security and artificial intelligence.
- Manage and build a group that integrates into broad functional interfaces to execute on infrastructure and application roll-out and support.
- Demonstrated leadership in system administration including: Networks, computer and database systems, AWS or Azure, Microsoft 365, Windows and Mac OS and accompanying hardware, Linux System Administration.
- Demonstrated experience developing, leading and supporting an IT vision and direction including demonstrated experience developing long- and short-term strategic IT plans, developing the associated financial analyses and translating budgeted plans into tactical, actionable operational initiatives, implementing AI tools where applicable.
- Experience establishing and directing information technology policy and practice across global locations and facilities to support manufacturing systems.
- Understanding and appreciation for how best to measure service delivery, service levels, and overall efficiency of the department.
- Solid understanding of departmental financials and experience overseeing and facilitating the technology procurement process.
- A proven cross-functional leader. Demonstrated the ability to “influence without authority” and achieve objectives across complex projects and organizational structures.
- Successful track record of tactical execution.
- BS in information technology or computer science, MS preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in IT infrastructure with at least 3+ years at managerial level.
- Experience working in a dynamic high growth biotech company through clinical development preferred.
- Experience aligning IT solutions to business goals and ensuring scalability of solution.
- Experience developing the strategy for stage appropriate IT investments for areas including clinical, regulatory, and quality in order to support preclinical and clinical development.
- Experience overseeing design and documentation of complete network infrastructure, including server, storage, backup and security systems, including system architecture, network and physical security design, backup and monitoring design.
- Experience implementing function-driven needs including LIMs, ELN, data management and visualization, and other systems necessary to support clinical development.
- Experience managing strategies for the management of multiple data center environments, including colocation and cloud computing services, with the objective of delivering high quality and efficient computing services.
- Experience with implementing ERP and similar business systems.
- Proven experience in building a customer-focused organization and comfortable bridging interfaces to support the company in its growth.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on delivery, responsiveness, ownership and accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying technical ability.