We are seeking an innovative, collaborative and accomplished research leader to be the Head of Cell Biology, our core cell biology unit that supports the development of novel gene editing therapies, using our next-generation, state-of-the-art technology. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of stem cell biology and/or regenerative medicine.
- Establish, lead and motivate a team of 5-10 scientists to:
- Establish iPSC approaches to support the discovery and characterization of different gene editing therapeutic programs in a variety of indications (e.g. ophthalmology, hematology, tissue repair)
- Lead the establishment of sensitive cell-based assays for the characterization of off-target effects
- Establish and maintain the company cell repository
- Closely collaborate with the platform scientists to ensure the timely progress of our portfolio of programs
- As a member of the research leadership team, contribute to novel target idea generations
- Communicate scientifically rigorous findings via verbal and written communications, visualizations, and presentations
- A Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Biology or equivalent and a minimum of five years of experience with stem cell biology.
- Experience with gene editing proteins (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9) is ideal as is industrial experience
- Strong scientific background and publication record with proven high levels of performance
- Ability to work independently while also building relationships with colleagues
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change and helps others manage through change
Beam Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.