Beam Therapeutics is seeking an associate level operations person to be an integral part of the discovery laboratory team. The role will report and provide support to the Lab Manager, largely pertaining to incoming/outgoing shipments, procurement, material storage/handling, and day-to-day laboratory maintenance as well as the operational tasks detailed below.
- Contribute to all aspects of Lab Operations/Facility development.
- Provide rapidly growing research labs with reliable inventories of common consumables and reagents.
- Support on-going laboratory operations with a significant emphasis on receiving and opening packages, stocking consumables and supplies, and organizing various lab spaces and equipment.
- Provide support function for the facilities organization by helping with moves, organization of common spaces, relocations and Beam events.
- Assist with ordering and shipping.
- Help enforce Beam’s safety policies and good work practices.
- Identifying and optimizing workflows.
- AS or BS in the life science, a plus or other relevant scientific discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years of industry experience.
- BSL2 Tissue Culture experience is a must.
- A customer-oriented philosophy with the ability to prioritize amongst many tasks and stakeholders.
- An enthusiastic learner with an attention to detail and high level of responsibility and maturity.
- Communicate both positive and negative issues in an open, direct, and straight-forward manner.
- Demonstrate a team-oriented style, strong work ethic, and professional conduct.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience with biohazard regulations and material handling, including awareness of general industry and laboratory specific safety standards a plus.
- Certifications in RCRA, DOT, and IATA, a plus.