This scientist will assist Beam in advancing our laboratory production automation platform, including integrating mRNA production into an automated workflow and overseeing mRNA production. The ideal candidate will support our in vitro and in vivo efforts developing next-generation base editing technologies and will be a self-motivated, technically competent research associate that is energized to join a small, fast-moving team.
- In vitro production and purification of mRNA for pre-clinical gene editing research
- Work with automation team to develop a semi-automated workflow for rapid mRNA production
- Work with automation team and research scientists to transition lab processes from manual to automated
- Molecular cloning to generate novel in vitro transcription templates
- Interface with a dynamic group of scientists to produce customized mRNA reagents
- BS/MS in cell biology, molecular biology or related discipline with 2+ years’ experience in molecular biology.
- The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and will be comfortable working with samples in a high-throughput manner
- Experience with laboratory automation and liquid handlers (i.e. Hamilton, Beckman Coulter, Tecan, or others)
- Experience using Gibson assembly and USER-based cloning methods
- Experience working with RNA a plus
- Experience with HPLC purification a plus