Beam is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Research Associate to support our RNA editing &Novel CRISPR nucleases platform. The ideal candidate will support efforts in developing next-generation RNA base editing technologies as well as exploration of novel CRISPR nucleases for enhancing our base editing tool-box. Experience with molecular biology techniques and mammalian cell culture is required.
- Molecular biology support: Vector and primer design, cloning, PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, Sanger sequencing analysis, plasmid preparation, etc.
- NGS sample preparation
- Mammalian cell culture and non-viral transfection.
- Yeast cell culture
- Data analysis and visualization to determine gene editing outcomes.
- BS/MS in a biological science with at least 1 years of academic or industrial research experience.
- Good understanding of gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALEN, CRISPR, or DNA/RNA base editors). Previous experience in gene editing is not required but will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with DNA-sequence analysis software (e.g. Geneious, Vector NTI, Lasergene).
- Knowledge of gene delivery techniques such as lentivirus, AAV and non-viral delivery technologies.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis and visualization tools such as GraphPad Prism.
- Experience maintaining a lab notebook and following written protocols with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, and excellent organizational and communication skills.