We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic researcher with experience in viral delivery vector characterization to join our growing Analytical Development team. Working closely with scientists in our AAV development group, this candidate will take a lead role in developing, running and optimizing assays to characterize our lead candidate materials.
- Plan and execute AAV-specific characterization assays, including vector genome quantification by quantitative and/or droplet digital PCR;
- As part of a team, design, develop and optimize in vitro potency assays, viral infectivity assays by TCID50, viral capsid quantification by ELISA and other viral characterization methods;
- Write, prepare and present technical data to enable cross-functional understanding of analytical methods developed in-house and through strategic collaborations;
- Work with limited supervision in a collaborative, fast-paced environment to solve complex analytical challenges at the forefront of base editing technology.
- BSc/MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Immunology or related field;
- Hands on experience with qPCR/ddPCR, ELISA, TCID50 and related methods to characterize viral vectors;
- Experience with cell-based analytical techniques preferred;
- Proven ability to effectively and independently design and plan experiments, prioritize tasks and critically evaluate results under strict timelines;
- We are looking for an independent thinker who can effectively and concisely communicate complex scientific results and justify the path-less-taken when needed.
Beam Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.