The Formulation Development group at Beam is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/ Senior Research Associate. The incumbent will contribute to development of new medicines based on efficient in vivo delivery of base editor cargo to targeted cells. The ideal candidate will have experience in the design, screen, manufacture, and/or analytical characterization of nonviral delivery systems for nucleic acid or protein drugs.
- Prepare lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) and perform characterization assays including size, surface property, RNA encapsulation, RNA integrity, et al.
- Design and initiate studies to evaluate potency of new nanoparticle formulations.
- Oversee and coordinate joint studies with other functions within the company.
- Design and execute formulation development experiments including process scale up and stability testing.
- Analyze data, draw conclusions, and keep timely communication with team members about new results and plans.
- Keep a good lab notebook
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry or Biology or related discipline, with 2-5 years research experience, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Hands-on experience with DLS, NTA, HPLC, CE, DSC, EM, et al.
- Previous experience with lipid nanoparticles or other nucleic acid delivery technologies is highly desirable.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to teams.
- Strong work ethic.