Beam is seeking a highly-motivated individual with experience in solid-phase synthesis of oligonucleotides who is passionate about enabling the translation of cutting-edge research technologies into therapeutic applications. The successful candidate will perform synthesis, purification, and analysis of synthetic RNA for use across our gene editing platforms. The ideal candidate for this role is detail-oriented, persistent, and has an innovative mindset toward solving technical challenges.
- Synthesize, purify, and analyze chemically modified oligonucleotides.
- Assist in method development for the analysis and purification of synthetic RNA.
- Supply synthetic RNA to support preclinical development-stage testing.
- Assist in ordering supplies, making reagents, and maintaining a safe and high-performing laboratory.
- Perform experiments, organize and analyze data, interpret results, write protocols, and summarize work in presentations and technical reports, as well as contribute their knowledge as an oligonucleotide expert to cross-functional project teams.
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related fields with 1-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with solid-phase synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides and/or peptides.
- Experience with analytical methods to examine biopolymers including HPLC (AEX/RP), LCMS, and UV-vis spectroscopy.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present effectively to others with diverse scientific backgrounds.
- Desire to embrace challenges of developing and troubleshooting novel technologies and reagents.
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.