Beam is seeking a skilled Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with extensive experience in molecular biology and mammalian tissue culture to join the synthetic biology platform team aimed at engineering solutions for challenges in gene therapy and protein engineering.
- Contribute to the scientific strategy, discussion, and output of the team.
- Assist in planning, carrying out experiments, and organizing data.
- Assist in the design and assembly of molecular reagents and maintenance of cell cultures.
- Document, present, and communicate scientific findings.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Biology/Engineering or related discipline with ideally 2 years of experience with molecular biology and cell culture techniques.
- Experience with cloning (primer design, vector construction, Gibson, golden gate, site-directed mutagenesis, etc.) and nucleic acid purification.
- Familiarity with culturing a variety of cell types (adherent and suspension), cell line generation, and transfection; DNA, RNA, and protein isolation from cells; and quantitative methods for nucleic acid and protein analysis.
- Familiarity with viral production, vector design, and titering is preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills; ability to work independently within a team.
- Familiarity with Prism, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Geneious, or similar programs.