We are seeking a self-motivated and technically competent (Senior) Research Associate to join our team. He/She will support our exploratory research in disease target validation using gene editing tools. Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to molecular cloning, delivering gene editing reagents into mammalian cells, estimating gene editing frequency and phenotypic analysis in gene-edited cells.
- Proficiency in molecular biology skills, including primer design, cloning, PCR, qPCR, DNA, RNA isolation, western blots, etc.
- Good understanding of gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALE, CRISPR or DNA base editors). Previous experience in gene editing is not required but will be a plus
- Proven expertise in mammalian cell culture and transfection, experience in primary cell culture and/or stable cell line generation.
- Basic knowledge on gene delivery techniques such as lentivirus, AAV an non viral delivery technologies such as LNP
- Familiar with DNA analysis software like Geneious, Vector NT, Primer 3
- Proficient in the use of Excel and data analysis and visualization tools such as GraphPad Prism
- Attention to detail, critical analysis of data and great trouble shooting ability are required
- BS/MS in biological science with at least 3-6 years of academic or industrial research experience