We are currently seeking a self-motivated and technically competent research Scientist to join our team. He/She will support our exploratory research in disease target validation using gene editing tools in our hematology and immuno-oncology group. The candidate will be responsible for conducting preclinical animal studies to support the development of ex-vivo cellular therapies. They will also perform downstream in-vitro assays.
- Manage 1-3 research associates to generate robust pharmacological and disease relevant biological data.
- Design, plan, and execute in-vivo studies in immunodeficient mice for hematology and immuno-oncology
- Support the implementation and validation of new animal models.
- Perform in-vitro assays; including erythroid differentiation, colony forming assays, ELISA, flow cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience with cell culture in primary cells and cell lines.
- Analyze data using software including FlowJo, Excel, and GraphPad Prism.
- Follow IACUC protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs.
- PhD with at least 2 years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or BS/MS with over 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with immunodeficient mice is required; including animal handling, routine injections, and necropsy.
- Working knowledge of immuno-oncology, chimeric antigen receptors (CAR), T cell-mediated cytotoxicity, and animal models of adoptive therapy is desirable.
- Expertise working with in vivo animal models of engraftment.
- Experience with ELISA, flow cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience with IVIS Imaging.
- Experience with cell culture and sterile technique.
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our cell and gene therapy products.
- Experience in maintaining a laboratory notebook and following protocols.
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and presentation.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.