We are currently seeking a self-motivated and technically competent scientist to join our team. He/She will support our exploratory research in disease target validation using gene editing tools in multiple areas, including liver disease. The candidate will be responsible for conducting and managing outsourced preclinical animal studies to support the development of gene therapies. They will also perform, and review data generated from downstream in-vitro assays.
- Manage 1-3 research associates to generate robust pharmacological and disease relevant biological data.
- Design, plan, and execute in-vivo biodistribution studies in rodents and non-human primates.
- Interface with CROs for specific study areas to coordinate research activities.
- Coordinate in vivo and in vitro pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs.
- PhD with at least 1-2 years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or Bachelor/Masters with more than 10 years of relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of animal models of liver disease for evaluating interactions between hepatocyte, macrophage, and/or endothelial cells.
- Identify optimal vendors and academic laboratories for assay implementation and execution; coordinate/manage their workflows and budgets and ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinate the proper shipping and analysis of tissue samples; Ensure the return, interpretation, and QC of all data for downstream analysis.
- Experience with DNA/RNA purification and quantification, and/or cell imaging methods (e.g. IHC, ISH, RNAScope)
- Expertise working with in vivo animal models for liver indications.
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our cell and gene therapy products.
- Experience managing research associates in a laboratory setting.
- Experience in maintaining a laboratory notebook and following protocols.
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and presentation.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.