Beam Therapeutics is seeking a highly talented scientist with expertise in nonviral delivery of nucleic acid drugs and nanoparticle formulation. The scientist will work on developing safe and potent delivery systems to enable in vivo base editing. The ideal candidate should have good understanding of the barriers to in vivo delivery of large mRNA cargo, prevalent nonviral delivery systems including Lipid NanoParticles (LNP), and areas of opportunities to further improve their safety, potency, and manufacturing.
- Design and execute studies to evaluate LNP formulations for in vivo base editing in animal models
- Improve the potency and safety of LNPs through composition and process optimization
- Work cross-functionally to advance characterization of LNPs including structure-activity relationships
- Assist in process development and scale-up
- Provide delivery-related support to platform and therapeutic programs
- Analyze, interpret, and present data to internal and external audience using various formats including lab notebooks and meeting presentations
- PhD degree and 0 to 2 years’ experience or BS or MS degree with 10 years relevant experience.
- Previous experience with nanoparticle drug delivery systems and nucleic acids is a must
- Prior experience with gene editing systems including CRSPR-cas9 is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of biophysical characterization techniques including DLS, NTA, HPLC, CE, DSC, EM, et al.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.