We are seeking a creative and motivated scientist to join our team in developing novel gene and cell therapies through precision genome engineering. As part of the RNA editing platform, the candidate will contribute to our ongoing efforts
in developing and validating techniques for modification of RNA with the goal of creating new therapeutic programs.
The ideal candidate should be highly self-motivated, technically competent and energized to join a small, fast-moving team.
- Critically evaluate and apply new RNA modifying constructs to prospective disease targets.
- Design and implement cloning strategies to construct plasmids for use in mammalian cell culture as well as the production of mRNA and/or protein.
- Design and execute DNA/RNA purification and quantification assays (qPCR, ddPCR and RNA-seq)
- Work with teams in specific therapeutic areas to translate editing to therapeutically relevant cell types.
- Implement novel and established assays to evaluate outcome of mRNA edits.
- AAV reagent used in editing experiments.
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- Extensive experience in culturing and transfecting common mammalian cell lines such as HEK293Tand U2OS.
- Experience in molecular cloning techniques such as Gibson and USER assembly strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) techniques.
- Familiare with structure guided protein engineering.
- Deep understanding of RNA biology.
- Critical and creative thinking.
- Ability to design, execute and analyze experiments and interpret results independently and within a small group of peers.