We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and accomplished mass spectrometrist to support the analytical development of novel base editing therapies. This position will be instrumental in designing, developing and utilizing qualitative/quantitative LC-MS and other analytical assays to advance our pipelines. The candidate should have extensive experience of LC, LC-MS, and other analytical tools to support our delivery platforms (non-viral and viral), RNA characterization, structural biology, and discovery programs. The candidate should have a good understanding of regulatory guidelines, assay qualification, automation, and high throughput data processing.
- Developing, running, and troubleshooting assays to support lipid, protein, and nucleic acid-based programs
- Bringing in novel analytical methods and building automatic analytical workflows
- Writing development reports and SOPs and train team members
- Working with a cross-disciplinary team to advance our pipelines
- Independent problem solver and creative team player with strong adaptability to a dynamic environment
- PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or related discipline
- Proven expertise in analytical assay development and good track record in high levels of performance
- 2-5 years of experience in a Pharmaceutical organization or a CRO/CMO
- Strong understanding of analytical requirements to support delivery modalities and nucleic acid chemistry
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines related to structural elucidation, characterization, and stability
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work
- Proficiency with Design of Experiment (DoE) and complex data analysis
- Independent thinker and team player with excellent communication skills
Beam Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.