This position will lead analytical development of our delivery platforms (non-viral and viral). The candidate should have a good understanding of leading biophysical and analytical tools to support nucleic acid-based programs. Strong experience in protein and RNA analytics will be required. Good understanding of viral vectors and nanoparticle formulations and characterization is required. This position will report to the Head of Analytical Development at Beam and work closely with other functions on assay development and routine testing.
- Developing and running assays to support delivery modalities
- Running routine assays as part of in-process and final report
- Carrying out UPLC, RP-HPLC, SEC, PCR, Western Blots, DLS and other chromatographic techniques
- Overseeing degradation and stability studies
- Writing SOPs for assays
- administrative responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- PhD or MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering
- 2-5 years of experience in a Pharmaceutical organization or a CRO/CMO
- Strong understanding of analytical requirements to support delivery modalities, Nucleic acid chemistry, Lipid Chemistry, QbD
- Proficiency with Design of Experiment (DoE) and complex data analysis.
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines related to stability and specifications
- Hands on experience in analytics using SEC, RP-HPLC, DLS, FTIR is required
- Experience in Tech Transfer and GMP manufacturing is desirable but not essential
- Independent thinker and team player