We are seeking a highly creative and motivated individual to join our team in developing the next generation of gene and cell therapies through precision genome engineering. The successful applicant will have a strong scientific background and proven accomplishments in molecular and cellular biology with a passion for genome editing. As part of the lead discovery and off-target biology group, the candidate will contribute to our ongoing efforts to assess the totality of the genome-modifying potential of our next-generation base editing technology. Candidates should be highly self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-moving and goal-oriented environment.
- Develop, design and execute assays to assess the genome-modifying potential of base editors
- Work with a cross-disciplinary team to identify and test lead candidates for high efficiency and specificity
- Perform multi-parameter analyses of cells including flow cytometry and other molecular and cellular assays
- Assist in the microinjection of mouse embryos for validation of base editing technology
- Support the development of an automated parallel screening platform for identification and validation of lead candidates
- PhD in cellular and molecular biology, genetics, systems biology or related discipline
- Demonstrated mastery of next-generation sequencing library preparation
- Solid experience in cell culture and multi-parametric flow cytometry
- Experience with gene editing tools and principles and mouse embryo microinjection is preferable but not required
- Excellent troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently are required
Beam Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.