Beam is seeking a skilled scientist with extensive experience in molecular biology, mammalian tissue culture and virology to join the Synthetic Biology Platform team aimed at engineering solutions for challenges in gene delivery.
- Engineer, validate and analyze viral replicon systems for transgene delivery.
- Design and generate biological reagents and systems including mammalian cell lines and viral stocks.
- Quantify and QC viral production with qPCR, flow cytometry, cellular assays, confocal microscopy, and/or other methods.
- Contribute to the scientific strategy, discussion, culture, and output of the team.
- Document, present, and communicate scientific findings to the team and broader audiences.
- PhD degree and 0 to 4 years’ experience or BS or MS degree with 10 years relevant experience in virology, synthetic biology, or a related field.
- Extensive experience with cell culture, including viral transduction and titering in cell lines and primary cells.
- Familiarity with general molecular biology (g. synthetic molecular systems, promoter selection, etc.)
- Experience with CRISPR/Cas9 proteins is ideal.
- Experience with confocal microscopy and electron microscopy is desirable.
- Strong scientific background and publication record with proven high levels of performance.
- Ability to work independently while also building relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work.