Beam Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and talented synthetic chemist to advance our non-viral delivery platform for in vivo base editing. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry and nanoparticle drug delivery systems. Experience in lipid nanoparticle (LNP), mRNA delivery, and nucleic acid chemistry is highly desirable.
- Develop and execute chemistry effort on nonviral delivery of base editor mRNA and sgRNA, with focus on LNP delivery
- Design and execute synthesis of novel ionizable lipids and helper lipid components to improve potency and tolerability of LNP delivery
- Assist in process development as needed
- Analyze, interpret, and present data to internal and external audience using various formats including lab notebooks and meeting presentations
- PhD degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering with >2 years of post-degree lab-based experience in nanoparticle delivery, preferably in an industry setting
- Strong experience in multi-step synthesis, purification, and characterization of drug delivery components.
- This is a lab-based position, so passion for lab-based work is a must.
- Team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.