This position will lead formulation development of non-viral delivery systems. The candidate should have a good understanding of process optimization of nanoparticle formulations with hands on formulation and analytical skills. This position will report to the Head of Formulation Development at Beam and work closely with other functions on formulation support. The person will need to be a subject matter expert (SME) in nanoparticle formulation science with a good understanding of biophysical and analytical tools to help characterize drug products.
- Managing formulation development
- Production of small scale formulation batches
- Formulation Optimization, scale-up and Tech Transfer
- Overseeing degradation and stability studies
- Writing SOPs for formulation batches
- Team management and administrative responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- PhD or MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering
- 2-5 years of experience in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical organization or a CRO/CMO
- Strong understanding of pre-formulation science, Formulation principles, Lipid Chemistry, Nanoparticle fabrication, QbD
- Proficiency with Design of Experiment (DoE) and complex data analysis.
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines related to stability and specifications
- Hands on experience in formulation analytics using SEC, RP-HPLC, DLS, FTIR is required
- Experience in process scale up, Tech Transfer and GMP manufacturing is desirable but not essential
- Independent thinker and team player