The Senior Manager/Associate Director, Procurement will ensure that all purchases are negotiated competitively to drive the best value for Beam. In most functional areas where goods, services and/or contract services are being negotiated, the Senior Manager/Associate Director will assist in the negotiation and procurement of competitive bidding and selection. This position will also be responsible for managing and cultivating vendor relationships and updating procurement and purchasing policies and procedures as needed. This position will report into the Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Works closely with each function to lead, oversee and coordinate the negotiation strategies / efforts and processes on purchase agreements and vendor selection that results in quality, delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Partners with departments to understand purchasing needs and adequate funds are available.
- Manages supplier relationships including developing and tracking of key performance indicators for the category of spend, facilitating key/strategic supplier-company business meetings, and supporting key operational due diligence efforts.
- Develops and maintains Beam’s purchasing policy; ensuring our practices are in alignment and the policy is reflective and facilitates the needs of the business.
- Ensure all purchasing is conducted in accordance with company’s delegated authority policy and within budget parameters.
- Tracks current and future spend to be sure Beam’s growing demand is recognized by key suppliers and partners.
- Special projects as required.
- 5-7 years of relevant Strategic Sourcing/ Purchasing experience
- Biotech industry experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or a related field
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices and proven negotiation skills
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork capabilities and the ability to work well across the organization.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.