As an experienced Program Manager, you will play a critical role in achieving outcomes for our innovative next-generation gene editing programs at Beam. You will report to the Director of Program Management and work collaboratively on the assigned programs to manage and integrate diverse drug discovery and development activities across the core team, which may include research, clinical, quality, regulatory, toxicology, manufacturing, new product planning, pharmacology, process development, etc. You will empower team members, integrate perspectives, enable flexibility, streamline operations, and accelerate programs! This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual that is extremely driven, detailed, and has a track record of success managing projects in the biotechnology industry.
- Overall accountability for program operations, timelines, and deliverables.
- Drive the program core team and work closely with the Program Lead and other core program team members to manage all operational aspects of the program.
- To include timelines and meeting plans, budgets and people/time allocation, team deliverables, identification of issues and barriers, identification of solutions, and development of an integrated cross-functional program plan.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment and organizational support for the program plan and timelines by facilitating internal and external stakeholder management.
- Integrate key program documents, including program plan, strategy, and target product profile in a collaborative and cross-functional manner.
- Communicate program updates internally.
- Partner with R&D and other functions to assist with the resourcing and prioritization of the program.
- BS or MS with 5 years of experience in the life sciences industry, with at least 3 years of demonstrated project management experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience driving cell and/or gene therapy programs is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the R&D phases within a fast-moving biopharmaceutical organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, influence and integrate a team, identify barriers, and manage budgets, timelines, and meeting plans.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience with conflict resolution and problem solving in real time.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and team building skills.
- Presentation skills and experience with project management tools (i.e. Gantt, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).