Beam is seeking a skilled Senior Research Associate with extensive experience in molecular biology and biochemistry to join the synthetic biology platform team aimed at engineering solutions for challenges in gene therapy and protein engineering.
- Contribute to the scientific strategy, discussion, and output of the team.
- Independently plan, carry out experiments, and organize data.
- Assist in the design and assembly of molecular reagents and maintenance of cell cultures.
- Document, present, and communicate scientific findings.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A BS or MS in Biology/Engineering or related discipline with ideally 5+ years of experience with molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Experience with cloning (primer design, vector construction, Gibson, golden gate, site-directed mutagenesis, etc.) and nucleic acid purification.
- Familiarity with protein isolation from cells; and quantitative methods for nucleic acid and protein analysis (SDS page, bacterial and mammalian expression, AKTA systems).
- Carry out in vitro DNA editing assays.
- Expertise with library preparation for next-generation sequencing and computer programming is preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills; ability to work independently within a team.
- Familiarity with Prism, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Geneious, or similar programs.