We are looking for a highly motivated and creative Flow Cytometrist to help us establish Immunophenotyping and Bioanalytical core capabilities in support of our hematology and immunology programs. The ideal candidate will support our in vitro and in vivo efforts developing next-generation base editing technologies and will have extensive experience profiling hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell (HSPC) and immune cell subsets.
- Maintain a flow cytometry core to support hematology and immunology programs
- Operate and maintain analytical and preparative flow sorters for the isolation of peripheral blood mononuclear cell (PBMC) and HSPC subsets
- Assist scientists in designing complex immunophenotyping panels for isolating PBMC and HSPC subsets
- Promote best practices for analysis, and establish sorting protocols for users
- Implement and develop new assays to support programs
- A./B.S. in biological science or related discipline
- Proven experience running a flow cytometry core with a suite of FACS analyzers and sorters
- Familiarity with BD analyzers and sorters (e.g. FACSAria, MoFlo, Union Biometrica and/or Sony cell sorters)
- Single cell sorting experience with HSPC and iPSC is highly desirable
- Experience working with a CyTOF for deep immunophenotyping is a plus
- Good understanding of gene editing tools and principles (ZFN, TALEN, CRISPR, or DNA base editors) is a plus
- Proficient in the use of programs like FlowJo, BD CellQuest and BD FACS Diva software for analysis of FACS data
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a highly collaborative, cross-functional team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail, critical data analysis capabilities, and strong problem-solving skills are required
Beam Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.