Beam is currently seeking a self-motivated and technically competent research associate to join our team. He/She will support our exploratory research in disease target validation using gene editing tools in immuno-oncology. The candidate will be responsible for conducting preclinical animal studies to support the development of ex-vivo cellular therapies. They will also perform downstream in-vitro assays.
- Design, plan, and execute in-vivo studies in immunodeficient mice for immuno-oncology indications.
- Perform routing procedures and injections (SC, IP, IV, PO) in mice, monitor animal health, measurements, and sample harvest for multiple tissues.
- Support the implementation and validation of new animal models.
- Perform DNA and RNA extraction from multiple tissue sources for NGS analysis.
- Perform in-vitro assays; including ELISA, ELISpot, Luminex, flow cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience with cell culture in primary cells and cell lines.
- Experience with IVIS imaging.
- Analyze data using software including FlowJo, Excel, and GraphPad Prism.
- Follow IACUC protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs.
- BA/BS or MS with at least 5 years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with immunodeficient mice is required; including animal handling, routine injections, and necropsy.
- Expertise with rodent handling, cell/drug delivery routes (IV, IP, SC, and PO) is critical.
- Expertise working with IVIS Imaging.
- Expertise working with immuno-oncology in vivo animal models.
- Experience with ELISA, ELISpot, Luminex, flow cytometry, and qPCR.
- Experience with cell culture and sterile technique.
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our cell and gene therapy products.
- Experience in maintaining a laboratory notebook and following protocols.
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and presentation.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.