We are currently seeking a self-motivated and technically competent research associate to join our team. He/She will support our exploratory research in disease target validation using gene editing tools in multiple areas, including liver disease. The candidate will be responsible for conducting preclinical animal studies to support the development of gene therapies. They will also perform downstream in-vitro assays.
- Design, plan, and execute in-vivo studies in mice.
- Perform routing procedures and injections (SC, IP, IV, PO) in mice, monitor animal health, imaging, and sample harvest for multiple tissues.
- Support the implementation and validation of new animal models.
- Perform DNA and RNA extraction from multiple tissue sources.
- Perform in-vitro assays, including ELISA and qPCR.
- Analyze data using software including FlowJo, Excel, and GraphPad Prism.
- Follow IACUC protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Coordinate in vivo pharmacology research in a matrixed environment, as well as external academic collaborations and an extensive network of CROs.
- BA/BS or MS with at least 5 years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with mice is required; including animal handling, routine injections, and necropsy.
- Expertise with rodent handling, cell/drug delivery routes (IV, IP, SC, and PO) is critical.
- Experience working with the IVIS imaging system.
- Expertise working with in vivo animal models for liver indications.
- Experience with ELISA and qPCR.
- Experience with DNA and RNA extraction from multiple tissue sources.
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our cell and gene therapy products.
- Experience in maintaining a laboratory notebook and following protocols.
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and PowerPoint for data entry, analysis, and presentation.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.