As an experienced Program Manager, you will play a critical role in achieving outcomes for our innovative next-generation gene editing programs at Beam. You will report to the Vice President of Program Management, working collaboratively on the assigned programs to manage and integrate diverse drug discovery and development activities across Beam. You will empower team members, integrate perspectives, enable flexibility, streamline operations, and accelerate programs. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual that is extremely driven, detailed, and has a track record of proven success managing therapeutics programs in the biotechnology industry.
- Overall accountability for program integration and execution against strategic objectives, partnering closely with the Program Lead and other cross-functional team members.
- Effectively contribute at both a strategic & operational level – use expert knowledge of program strategy to know which details matter.
- Develop and maintain an integrated program plan to ensure efforts are coordinated, and to identify interdependencies, risks, and critical path activities.
- Drive processes by collaborating with key functions and leadership to define resource and budget drivers, support informed decision-making, and complete team deliverables.
- Partner with R&D and other functions to assist with prioritization of the program.
- Maintain and communicate updates to key stakeholders throughout Beam.
- 5-7 years of experience in the life sciences industry, with at least 3-5 years of demonstrated program management experience leading cross-functional teams in biotechnology.
- BS required, with preference on candidates with an advanced degree (MS, PhD, MBA, etc.).
- Experience driving cell and/or gene therapy programs is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the R&D phases within a fast-moving biopharmaceutical organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, influence and integrate a team, identify barriers, and manage budgets, timelines, and meeting plans.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience with conflict resolution and problem solving in real time.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and team building skills.
- Presentation skills and experience with project management tools (i.e. Gantt, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).