Beam is looking for a highly motivated individual to join us as Senior Buyer Planner, reporting to our Vice President, Supply Chain. You will oversee inventory and materials management for clinical trials, as well as commercial launch readiness activities. You will play a key role in ensuring production readiness from a materials perspective, including facility start-up, process tech transfer and validation, routine supply, process changes, and issue resolution to ensure uninterrupted supply of raw materials in support of internal and external manufacturing of Drug Product or Critical Materials. The role will be integral to building raw materials planning and inventory management capabilities for Beam’s manufacturing site (under construction) in North Carolina and partnering with IT on ERP/MRP implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of working in a dynamic environment. They will also possess the ability to successfully interface with multidisciplinary teams and build strong cross functional relationships.
- Ensure controlled flow of raw materials to support start-up and ongoing mfg operations for Beam NC via robust materials planning and purchasing, and oversight of vendor-managed inventory.
- Provide regular forecasts to suppliers to ensure medium to long term supply. Monitor status with suppliers to ensure material orders are filled and delivered as expected.
- Manage PO generation, track and manage open orders, and invoicing approvals for raw material procurement.
- Lead/support new materials readiness with Manufacturing, Quality, Process Development, and Warehouse during facility and process start-up phase.
- Collaborate to support warehouse start up efforts from an inventory management perspective, such as receiving, inspection, putaway, dispensing, Kanban, procedures.
- Proactively identify and mitigate any potential supply interruptions. Develop, document, implement, and continuously improve planning and inventory strategies to ensure raw material availability.
- Report and escalate material supply issues and constraints including root cause analysis, preventive actions, and leading resolution and or building mitigation plans.
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders on the status of readiness activities and related projects.
- Establish, author, and update SOP’s as required. Drive CAPAs, change controls, deviations as needed.
- Manage the transition of materials planning into MRP system without any interruptions to supply chain activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience in a Supply Chain Planning role, preferably in a Biotechnology, Cell / Gene Therapy or Pharmaceutical environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, MS/MBA preferred.
- Expertise with inventory systems, supply planning and contract manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using and implementing planning tools including Excel Data Analysis and Modelling.
- Advanced knowledge of MRP (SAP) systems.
- High degree of customer focus (internal/external) and demonstrated collaboration in a team environment.
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention-to-detail, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.