Beam is looking for a highly motivated Business System Analyst, reporting to our Director, Supply Chain MRP Lead. The role will be integral to the successful implementation and daily operation of our SAP S4 HANA ERP solution. This role will partner with Beam IT and the support team to manage change controls and SAP daily operations. This role is the liaison between user groups and our contracted support team. The Business Systems Analyst will provide Project Management support for the SAP Phase 2 project and assist the director in the various aspects of the implementation program. The successful candidate must possess a strong customer focus and strong predisposition towards best practices and continuous improvement while keeping the organization’s overall culture ever-present on the top of their mind.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of detailed support of an ERP business system and a strong collaboration propensity working in a dynamic high energy startup environment. They will also possess the ability to articulate details of system operations to users of SAP with a customer service focus.
- Chair weekly Business/IT support team meeting.
- Responsible for the daily operation of SAP.
- Partner with IT for system implementation, Align functional business objectives with IT objective.
- Partner with IT to ensure the consistent daily operation of the ERP systems.
- Assist in the functional business project management of SAP.
- Assist in the development of business requirements for the MRP system including functional and user inputs and end user training. Update and create user process blueprints and flow diagrams.
- Take ownership of the daily functioning of the supply chain business systems.
- Work with the Warehouse/Supply Chain staff.to track and trend transaction SAP data.
- Analyze transactions in SAP and provide reports to management and user groups to continually improve the supply chain operation. Maintain a lean methodology and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Work through change controls with Beam IT and Beam’s service provider for SAP support.
- Assist in the integration in SAP of across all Cell and Gene Therapy businesses and internal/CMO sites.
- Generate reports to track key metrics.
- Update procedures as needed and to capture changes.
- Provide guidance to all system users in the correct use of SAP processes and functionality in the ERP system.
- Maintain a customer service and team player focus all matters.
- Work closely with QA, QC, MFG and Supply Chain to maintain/improve SAP system operations.
- Audit system records to ensure standardization of master and transaction data.
- Coordinate the training program for new sap functionality coming online.
- Execute Master Data changes and additions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years’ experience. MRP systems experience, preferably in a Biotechnology, Cell / Gene Therapy or Pharmaceutical environment. Bachelor's degree required, MBA or master's degree preferred.
- Advanced experience and usage of SAP Strongly preferred.
- Expertise with inventory and warehouse management systems, MRP planning and contract manufacturing principles.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments at one time, including the ability to follow assignments through to completion and meet deadlines.
- Ability to see the big picture and visualize the future state of ERP and other systems.
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to create and update project communiques and slide decks to effectively communicate detailed information.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Custom report writing skills. Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports.
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong collaborative attitude and customer service focus.
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention-to-detail, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.