Beam is looking for a highly energetic and dynamic leader as the Sr. Director of Product and Portfolio Strategy for Hematology. The Sr. Director will be responsible for shaping the life-cycle management and the path to commercialization for Beam’s first potential commercialized product (Beam 101), a potential best-in-class autologous cell therapy with a potential to cure sickle cell disease. The successful candidate will also build the strategy for two additional waves of innovation to remove genotoxic conditioning and editing genes in vivo.
- Build the product strategy for 101and 102 including life-cycle management and build pathway to commercialization.
- Create the roadmap to commercialization for an autologous cell therapy as Beam’s first to launch asset (101), including manufacturing, slot allocation, messaging platform.
- Shape the portfolio strategy for the hematology portfolio including the ESCAPE platform (non-genotoxic conditioning platform) and in vivo delivery of SCD correction.
- Lead the hem portfolio prioritization, forecasting, and opportunity assessment as a leader of the Program Team Strategy Cross-functional Sub-team.
- Collaborate closely with the Program lead, Program Manager, and key functions (e.g., clinical) to shape timelines, development operations, publications.
- Build the external communications approach for Hematology (e.g., IR, science story).
- Monitor competitive intelligence and define differentiation strategy for SCD.
- BS/BA in a relevant academic field; MBA, MD, PhD, or other graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience and track record with product strategy and commercial development with innovative medicines required.
- Genetic disease, gene therapy, and/or cell therapy experience strongly desired, particularly in autologous cell therapy.
- 10+ years’ experience within the pharma/biotech/biopharma space in roles of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Proven track record in cross-functional leadership role or other cross-disciplinary background with successful team leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams without direct reporting responsibility; exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborative nature with strong ability to influence, motivate, inspire, encourage and develop others.
- Driven by patient needs and comfortable operating in a highly scientific and technical environment while dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong collaboration, decision-making and conflict management skills with demonstrated proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex scientific information in an understandable manner.
- Sophisticated understanding of the evolving scientific, clinical, regulatory, competitive, and economic trends impacting the industry, and able to adapt operational strategies accordingly.
- Experience in both large and small company environments a plus.