Beam Therapeutics has a fantastic opportunity for a strategic, collaborative and dynamic HR Business Partner to join our growing team. In this highly visible role, you will develop and cultivate relationships across our dynamic organization, and through those partnerships, provide counsel on a full range of HR business areas including employee relations, performance management and organizational planning/development.
The focus of this role is to assess, coach, and influence the business as we scale and evolve to enable our teams to accomplish groundbreaking science to realize our vision.
Our emerging culture shapes who we are and how we operate. The ideal candidate is a builder -- someone who can come in with a willingness and an ability to continue to build our people-focused culture and practices from the ground up. We are looking for that person who is looking to develop themselves as well as help us grow our team together. This role will report to the Senior Director, Human Resources & HRBP Lead.
- Develop a deep understanding of Beam’s business operating model and how we work upon which to build a strategic partnership with business leaders and teams.
- Design and implement people strategy enabling achievement of team and organizational objectives and a positive team member experience.
- Serve as a hands-on, strategic partner to the business.
- Provide strategic and day-to-day performance management guidance to business leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, talent development, disciplinary actions).
- In partnership with business leaders, co-facilitate strategic and tactical plans for restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Create and execute strategies that engage, retain and develop our team members.
- Using a pro-active data-driven approach, collaborate with the broader HR team; contribute to develop and enhance programs and policies to ensure a positive team member experience.
- Partner with Beam HR Leadership team and functional managers to resolve employee relations issues; provide coaching and counseling to management and staff.
- Proactively identify issues and opportunities for improvement to business partners, and ensure appropriate actions are taken to address.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 8+ years of HR Business Partner Experience.
- Proven ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment.
- Consistently role model Beam’s company values.
- Proven ability to develop high levels of credibility and strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Expert level skills in communication, critical thinking and active listening required to deliver development and execution of tailored and impactful guidance that positively impact the organization and/or mitigate risk.
- High energy level, enthusiastic, positive, upbeat, “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective coaching skills to develop senior leaders and improve business performance.
- Experience managing complex employee relations.
- Demonstrate strong tact, diplomacy and discretion.