Beam is seeking an enthusiastic, well-organized, and collaborative individual who will interact with all levels of the Beam Team to maintain office operations ensuring the site runs smoothly. This individual will work independently and/or collaboratively to plan, coordinate and support site and company-wide events. The right candidate will be onsite at our Cambridge location daily and manage the operations team responsible for initiating, improving, and implementing processes for a variety of projects. This is a customer-service focused role that requires professionalism and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage an operations team, including reception, to carry out effective, efficient operating and administrative policies.
- Collaborate with other teams and/or lead in planning and executing site, team or company-wide activities and events (including scheduling and calendaring, and day-of logistics such as meeting room reservations and setup, AV/Teleconferencing equipment, and catering, etc.).
- Provide oversight in driving day-to-day on-site operations including but not limited to ensuring proper receipt/shipping of packages/mail, managing vendors, coordinating restocking of kitchen & office supplies, and parking validation.
- Assist with space planning and office or cubicle assignments.
- Office procurement and invoice reconciliation.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between Operations and other internal teams.
- Ensure Beam’s offices are a safe and comfortable environment that operates efficiently and partner with stakeholders to identify areas for improvement and execute projects to meet company needs.
- Other duties as required.
- Professional degree preferred, along with 8+ years' experience in operations management.
- Life sciences (Biotech, healthcare, etc) experience strongly preferred.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team in a high-paced environment and having a high degree of responsiveness and attention to detail are critical in the role.
- Must have a strong sense of customer service.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Required.
- Must be able to work onsite 5 days per week.
- Excellent team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment.