The IT Application and Systems Engineer, reporting to the Director, IT Business Partner – Technical Operations, will take a key role in implementing and supporting hardware and software solutions across multiple functional areas in a rapidly growing organization. This role will directly impact Beam's ability to develop our therapies by helping to support and bring online our gene therapy manufacturing facility that is currently being constructed in North Carolina.
This role will work with the Director, IT Business Partner – Technical Operations and other Beam IT teams to support existing solutions and deliver new or inflight IT projects across the Beam NC site. Depending on the project and needs of the function, the candidate may act as the technical advisor, solution architect, project manager and/or technical lead on solution delivery. Experience with requirements gathering, technology selection and hands-on solution delivery are needed.
The role will also become a key point of contact for supporting onsite IT systems in conjunction with other internal Beam IT teams and external vendors.
- Provide project and operational support for new and existing IT systems including hardware and software at the Beam NC site.
- Install, configure, and maintain both SaaS, on-premise and hybrid solutions, adhering to GxP validation and Quality standards as required.
- Work with business leaders as needed to define requirements for IT hardware and software solutions to enhance and support processes onsite.
- Support other members of the Beam Information Technology team as appropriate.
- Lead efforts to improve Technical Operations business processes through integration of IT systems.
- Serve as primary or secondary system owner for selected IT systems.
- Provide on call support, as required, for IT systems issues when manufacturing operations are taking place.
- Must be able to work onsite.
- The ideal candidate will have first-hand experience implementing solutions to support manufacturing operations teams in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working in the Biotech and/or Pharmaceutical industry required.
- Experience working in a GxP environment and a thorough understanding of system validation.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively support a diverse set applications and technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure/network components to support critical system infrastructure, including virtualization (VMWare, Hyper V) and storage technologies.
- Minimum Associate Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Network Infrastructure, including switches and wireless access points
- Virtualization and SAN
- Barcode scanners and Zebra printers
- SAP Basis knowledge is a plus
- Experience with QC lab IT systems
- The location of this position is in Durham, NC.