The Beam facility in RTP is looking for an experienced Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) Technician for our 2 nd shift, which will overlap with our day shift and run weekdays between approximately 3:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. This position is responsible for independently performing maintenance and calibration tasks, supporting Manufacturing Cleanroom personnel working 2 nd shift, and overseeing maintenance and calibration vendors. In addition to a varied general maintenance background, the ideal candidate should also possess the ability to work with personnel from Quality, Validation, Laboratories, IT, Finance, and Administration.
- Execute planned and demand maintenance activities for plant utilities (HVAC, Electrical, Chilled/Heating Hot Water, Compressed Air), gene therapy manufacturing equipment, and QC Laboratory instrumentation.
- Support and continue day shift calibration and preventive maintenance tasks for utility and lab instruments.
- Support CapEx and Process Improvement project initiatives during 2 nd shift as required.
- Coordinate and schedule vendors for maintenance and calibration tasks.
- Respond to 2 nd shift alarms from the Building Automation and Process Control systems.
- Create individual work and review vendor work within the site CMMS system.
- Review and suggest updates for Standard Operating Procedures for site and facility maintenance.
- Ensure compliant operations in accordance with site cGMP, environmental, and government requirements.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation with members of the Facility Maintenance team.
- Post-secondary degree, certification(s), or equivalent experience in a technical discipline related to MEP, construction, utilities, or trades. Supervisory experience with technicians &/or vendors preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience in maintenance with a preference for biotech, pharma, or medical device manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of process equipment, utility systems, and lab equipment.
- Computer systems literacy, with Siemens BAS, DeltaV, and CMMS experience required.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Flexible and results oriented, with a focus on excellent customer service and demonstrated collaboration in a team environment.
- Must be able to work onsite daily and willing to have a flexible schedule during peak times, which may include supporting critical operations outside of normal work hours, as needed.