Beam is seeking a highly motivated and talented financial specialist to join our growing Accounts Payable team. The Accounts Payable Specialist will have a day-to-day and ongoing impact on financial transactions and keeping us on good terms with our valued partners and suppliers. This includes ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices while collaborating with team members to reconcile processed data.
- Performs day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Provide efficient client service to team members and related third parties.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to posting.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly statements in compliance with financial policies and accounting procedures.
- Keep track, process, and reconcile payments, including invoices, statements in compliance with financial policies and accounting procedures.
- Assist with check runs and supplier records.
- Assist in month end close and ad hoc projects as needed.
- 3-4 years of accounts payable work experience.
- General knowledge of accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work tasks for month/quarter end cycles.
- Experience with accounting software and database programs including NetSuite & Coupa strongly preferred.
- Able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.