Beam is seeking a Sr. Scientist/Associate Director in Pharmacometrics position that will support a rapidly expanding clinical portfolio of promising gene/base editing therapeutics. The candidate in this position should have strong technical skills and be well versed in PK and PD with strong ability to critically evaluate and interpret data, conduct noncompartmental analysis, and PKPD modeling. In this role, the candidate is expected to have a strong data analyses, modeling, and critical thinking ability with good oral and written communication skills.
- Serve as key functional expert to lead, direct, and coordinate the activities of a specific assigned modeling project.
- Develop, write, and execute pharmacometrics analysis plans, and deliver reports on results.
- Define and drive pharmacometrics contributions to regulatory/submission strategy and related documents.
- Provide strategic expertise and leadership for development programs based on relevant technical and disease area knowledge.
- In collaboration with cross functional partners, provide support for the quantitative evaluation of competing trial/analysis strategies.
- May manage portfolios at disease area/therapeutic area/indication level to support integration of pharmacometrics and relevant. knowledge in the planning and execution of programs and strategies.
- Mentor others to develop scientific, technical, and leadership skills.
- Preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for publications.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics or other relevant field with 4-7 years experience in pharmaceutical industry, or M.D or Pharm.D. with equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge and evidence of hands-on experience in the application of pharmacometrics methods to drug development.
- Expertise in pharmacokinetics, PKPD principles, ADME concepts, and clinical pharmacology.
- Expertise in Phoenix WinNonlin, R, NONMEM, or other pharmacokinetic, modeling and data visualizations software.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and presentation skills are required. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a highly matrixed team environment are essential.