The Beam facility in Research Triangle Park is looking for an experienced maintenance professional to fill the role of Facility Maintenance Technician. This position supports start-up, manufacturing, and site services tasks, coordination of maintenance and site services vendors, and the execution and support of the preventive maintenance and reliability program. In addition to a strong maintenance background and service oriented mindset, the ideal candidate should also possess the ability to schedule and collaborate with vendors, manufacturing operations, quality, and validation.
- Execute daily rounds and maintenance and reliability activities for plant utilities (HVAC, Electrical, Chilled/Heating Hot Water, Compressed Air, etc.) and systems.
- Coordinate and schedule vendors for maintenance and site services tasks.
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues with utilities and equipment.
- Assist with response to issues with calibrated instruments.
- Respond to alarms from the Building Automation and Process Control systems.
- Create individual work and review vendor work within the site CMMS system.
- Review and suggest updates for Standard Operating Procedures for site and facility maintenance.
- Review the spare parts inventory program.
- Ensure compliant operations in accordance with site cGMP, environmental, and federal / state requirements.
- BS, Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline related to construction, utilities, or trades.
- 8-10 years’ experience in maintenance within a biotech, pharma, or medical device manufacturing environment.
- Specialized license (HVAC, Electrical) strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of process equipment, utility systems, and lab equipment.
- Strong background in cGMP manufacturing / operations knowledge, Siemens BAS and DeltaV experience preferred.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- High degree of customer service focus (internal/external) and demonstrated collaboration in a team environment.
- Results oriented with the ability to demonstrate resiliency, humility, ownership, and drive.