Beam is searching for a Vice President - Program Leader (PL) to provide overarching strategic and operational leadership for our lead asset. The Program Leader will report to Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The PL will cultivate a deep understanding and knowledge of the science, competitive landscape, customer needs, market trends and will create short and long-term objectives that enable the rapid and strategic development, leading to regulatory approvals and successful product launch and commercialization. The PL will achieve the appropriate balance between delivering strong clinical benefit for patients and maximizing financial performance.
- Provide product development leadership, from development through commercialization and life cycle management.
- Responsible for broad strategic planning, guidance regarding commercial, development and research objectives, risk identification and management, business value assessment, therapeutic area indication pursuit and overall product development/lifecycle considerations.
- Oversee strategic direction and planning in alignment with broader portfolio and corporate strategy.
- Responsible for the cross functional development of operational plans that support the program strategy.
- Accountable for their management and oversight in accordance with time, cost, and quality commitments.
- Accountable for achieving timely decisions on program strategy/investments using appropriate governance, then making or delegating decisions at the team/functional level to implement the strategy.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external partners ensuring alignment of program goals. Interact with Research, Clinical Development, Manufacturing, Commercial, Medical Program Management, and Corporate Strategy/Finance colleagues.
- Provide executive leadership with insights into program level strategic objectives, decisions, and execution.
- Ensure thorough and comprehensive organizational communication and understanding of program goals, objectives, and timelines.
- BS/BA in Business Administration or Life Sciences; MBA, MD, PhD, or other graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with drug development required. Rare disease experience strongly desired.
- 12+ years’ experience within the pharma/biotech/biopharma space in roles of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Experience with corporate long-range planning process and proven ability to integrate program plans into larger corporate strategy highly desired.
- Experience in a Product or Asset Leader role or other cross-disciplinary background with successful team leadership experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams without direct reporting responsibility; exceptional interpersonal skills and collaborative nature with strong ability to influence, motivate, inspire, encourage and develop others.
- Track record of strategic business contributions resulting in value creation.
- Strategic planning experience required with the ability to understand and critically assess clinical development plans, regulatory strategy, commercial strategy and seamlessly connect to execution including determining resource needs, budgets, and timelines
- Driven by patient needs and comfortable operating in a highly scientific and technical environment while dealing with ambiguity
- Strong collaboration, decision-making and conflict management skills with demonstrated proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex scientific information in an understandable manner.
- Sophisticated understanding of the evolving regulatory and economic trends impacting the industry; ability to maintain relevant knowledge of business, regulatory and therapeutic advances that may impact lifecycle planning or ongoing operational strategies.
- Experience in both large and small company environments a plus.