Beam is seeking a highly-motivated, innovative, and collaborative Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to help us to discover and develop Liver therapies using our next-generation, state-of-the-art base editing technology. Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, assay development, and mammalian cell culture is required. The position requires enthusiasm, passion, and a desire to create new medicines that will ultimately improve patients’ lives
- Perform research requiring cell biology techniques including mammalian and primary cell culture, transfection, cell-based assays and analysis.
- Perform research requiring molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques including cloning, qPCR, mRNA and DNA analysis, DNA sequencing, ELISA and other plate-based assays.
- Gather and analyze experimental data under the direction of the research scientist or group leader, present to key stakeholders, as required.
- A BS with 0-4 years or MS with 0-3 years of experience in research and development with relevant experience in biological sciences.
- Experience in liver biology and relevant cell culture techniques (e.g. primary hepatocyte or hepatocyte-like cells).
- Experience with genome editing (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to increasing scope and complexity of work brought on by growth/change.