Reporting to the SVP, Finance, the VP, Finance will lead and manage Beam’s accounting operations. You will oversee all aspects of the company’s accounting operations including general accounting, revenue recognition, lease accounting, accounts payable, payroll, technical accounting and SOX compliance. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in this area and be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Manage accounting operations of the company including maintaining a system of accounting records/policies and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
- Ensure that the company’s accounting procedures and reported results conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Oversee preparation of year-end and quarterly financial statements.
- Direct SOX 404(b) compliance efforts.
- Lead year end independent financial statement audit and quarterly reviews and related SEC reporting.
- Responsible for managing the cash and investments of the company .
- Oversee external tax advisors to ensure compliance with required tax filings and preparation of tax provisions.
- Continually evaluate and drive improvement across financial operations of the Company.
- Maintain an accounting department that is customer service oriented, a partner to the business, with an infrastructure that will support significant growth.
- Lead ad hoc Finance projects as needed.
- BA/BS in Accounting and Big 4 CPA experience required. MBA a plus.
- 15+ years finance and biotechnology experience required, including experience with manufacturing operations.
- Experience with SEC reporting and SOX compliance.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to support a fast-growing business.
- Proven capability to work effectively across multiple functions.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills are required. Strong understanding of GAAP and both day-to-day and technical accounting is a must.
- PC & MS Office proficiency, excellent MS Excel required.