Beam is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented PRA or Scientist to help advance our Hematology franchise. The scientist will lead early discovery effort on new hematology indications. An ideal candidate will be a team player who is scientifically curious, technically competent, collaborative and is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Designing, planning, and executing in vitro and in vivo studies with primary human CD34+ and murine HSPCs.
- Culturing and manipulating cell lines and HSPCs from human and mouse primary sources and conducting in vitro differentiation of primary HSPCs.
- Performing multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Generating, analyzing and interpreting flow cytometry, NGS, RNA-seq and other data.
- Coordinating and working with other groups at Beam in a highly matrixed environment, as well as external partners and CROs.
- Presenting data and findings to internal scientific groups.
- Maintain detailed documentation of experiments in ELN system.
- Adapting to a fast-paced, dynamic research environment.
- Contribute to the scientific strategy, discussion, and output of the team.
- Living Beam Therapeutics core values of being part of a community of fearless innovators, being rigorous and honest in our research, listening with open minds, and committed to each other.
- PhD degree in biological sciences with 0-2 years’ experience or alternatively a Bachelor/Master’s degree in biological sciences with 10+ years’ experience.
- Experience in the field of hematology or autoimmune disease with in vitro manipulation of primary human CD34+ and mouse HSCs is preferred.
- Extensive cell culture experience, including experience culturing primary cells and iPS cells.
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture techniques, including cell line expansion, maintenance, cryopreservation and manipulation.
- Experience with genome editing (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9) is desired.
- Proficiency in assay development and receptor/kinase biology also desirable.
- Experience with flow cytometry, qPCR, DNA and RNA extraction, transfection, electroporation, western blotting, ELISA is desired.
- Experience with viral production and transduction is preferred.
- Familiarity with programs such as Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo, and other molecular biology software/tools for data entry and analysis as well as PowerPoint for presentation.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Independently motivated, detail-oriented scientist with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills towards multi-tasking in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities.