Beam is seeking a passionate and motivated co-op student to join our Gene Editing Platform Technologies team. The candidate will be working on developing new gene editing technologies. Comprehensive skills in molecular biology and mammalian cell culture are required.
- Molecular biology: PCR, DNA/RNA isolation, Next Generation Sequencing library preparation.
- Mammalian cell culture.
- Non-viral transfection and nucleofection.
- Flow cytometry and microscopy.
- Keep detailed documentation of experiments performed.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in Biology or Biochemistry with at least 1 year of academic or industrial research experience.
- Understanding of molecular biology.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture desired.
- Understanding of gene editing tools and principles desired.
- Knowledge of gene delivery techniques such as lentivirus and non-viral delivery technologies desired, but not necessary.
- Familiar with data processing using Excel, Graphpad, etc.