Beam is looking for a highly energetic, talented and motivated co-op to join our growing mRNA/gRNA Platform team within Analytical Research & Development organization from January through June 2024. The co-op will be responsible for developing separation-based mRNA and gRNA assays to support Beam’s lead programs. This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual who is seeking to contribute to high impact projects that drive innovation and help get our base editing therapies to patients suffering from serious diseases.
- Support efforts in developing UPLC based analytical assays for mRNA and gRNA.
- Work across multiple teams within the AD group and support program activities.
- Contribute scientifically to assay troubleshooting and optimization.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and results.
- Interpret data and evaluate experimental outcomes.
- Present research results at internal meetings.
- Pursuing a BS or MS in biological sciences or a related field (Bioengineering, Biochemistry/Biophysics, Cell Biology/Molecular Biology) with at least 1 year of relevant laboratory experience.
- Basic understanding of biochemistry and nucleic acids with completion of laboratory courses in chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular biology.
- Hands on experience with UPLC techniques is desired but not required.
- Must be a team player, comfortable working collaboratively and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- A desire to learn new skills and be constantly challenged.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- This is an onsite position with flexibility to work remotely.