- Dedicated to using innovative, biochemical science to conceive and develop precision, genetic medicines and novel solutions for fighting and treating serious diseases, other damaging medical conditions, and providing life-long cures (via professional-level scientist role in biochemistry, one of highly-scientific quality or character).
- Contribute to use of groundbreaking, CRISPR base-editing technology that allows permanent, specific edits to single bases in DNA and RNA.
- Develop base-editor therapeutics that represent a new class of “precision genetic medicines”, combining precision targeting of the genome with precision control of editing outcomes.
- Contribute to new medicinal and scientific breakthrough, performing pharmaceutical design and development, all to ultimately give rise to therapeutically-beneficial, novel and innovative, drug product.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of a biochemistry protocol for messenger-RNA purification.
- Design and execute biochemistry strategies, contributing to the production of novel, therapy products in biochemistry and pharmaceutical science.
- Engage in scientific knowledge transfer, regarding therapy product portfolio, this from the standpoint of biochemist and researcher.
- Work with cross-functional team and interface with internal collaborators, specifically to troubleshoot in biochemistry.
- Generate and optimize protocols around new scientific methods, specific to biochemistry and pharmaceutical science again.
- Contribute to the development and optimization of new scientific processes, specific to those same areas as well.
- Contribute to the writing and development of standard-operating procedures, used at Beam, as a way to optimize scientific protocols as a team.
- Contribute biochemistry knowledge to the writing and development of detailed, highly-analytical, and professional, scientific reports (this to inform internal team discussions), while also communicating scientifically-rigorous findings verbally, by way of visualizations, and through presentations.
- Perform biochemical testing, focused on pharmaceutical candidates equipped to treat.
- Compile, analyze, interpret, and communicate complex, experimental results and other complex, biochemical data, drawing conclusions from these, this to identify and prioritize research targets.
- Contribute research support to senior-level team members.
- Capture and document research findings and results in a technically-accurate, scientifically-integral and understandable manner.
- Stay current on relevant and occupationally-appropriate, scientific literature, notably regarding biochemistry.
- Doctor of Philosophy or foreign equivalent in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, or related field.
- Also requires demonstrated proficiency in all of the following areas, shown through appropriate, graduate-level coursework, research or lab work:
- Performing laboratory-based, biochemistry experiments, to include nanoparticle processing, working with nucleic acids, and using CRISPR cas9 methods.
- Applying biophysical-characterization techniques that specifically include dynamic-light scattering, nitrilotriacetic-acid purification, high-performance liquid chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, and cryo-electron microscopy.
- Permanent, full-time, immediately available, job opportunity.
- Does not require travel (as role is substantially laboratory-based, in-house).
- Primary worksite long-term: 238 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142.
- Must therefore live in the City of Cambridge, MA, or within a reasonable, daily commuting distance thereof (e.g., areas contemplated can include the City of Boston, the larger Greater Boston region, or Massachusetts’ MetroWest, North or South Shore communities).
- Telecommuting (exclusively working remotely from home) is not permitted (also due to the laboratory-based nature of the work and role).
- Position is not a supervisory capacity; it does not have subordinate, direct reports; nor does it manage other personnel.
- Position is hands-on, individual contributor, responsible chiefly for biochemistry.
Applicants should send resumes directly to the employer. May simply apply below. We look forward to hearing from you. Come join the Beam Team!